Gerald's Nothing

My amazing life only seems like a Rancho Mirage.

Friday, September 08, 2006

My First Post

Greetings, friends. Betty and the kids have been telling me for a while that I should keep an online diary, and since I'm 93 or so, I guess there's no time like the present! I mean, might as well keep track of my thoughts before I start losing my marbles, right? And now that I'm stuck at home, recovering from angioplasty and having a pacemaker inserted, I've got some time to kill. Up 'til now, I've been killing it in pretty meaningless ways, honestly, including:

• Spending hours in front of the mirror with the brush, trying to keep my hair from doing the batty-old-man thing, where it wisps up and makes me look less distinguished.
• Polishing my Father of the Year Award from 1974.
• Search for good hiding places for alcohol around the house, if I were addicted to alcohol and trying to hide it; dutifully report each location found to Betty when she comes home from the clinic each night, just in case I fall off the wagon that I was never on.
• Watch episodes of 'Made' on MTV.

So I figure this is a good place to publish my thoughts, my movie reviews, and my very bestest secrets. To save you all from reading all of my ramblings, I've decided to divide up my posts into the following headings:

a) Gerry's Corner (Gerry is short for Gerald, which is me): This is just about what's happening in my life, what I'm going through, all that, just in case any of y'all care about that out there.
b) Front Page: Here's where I talk about stuff that's going on in the world and what I think about it.
c) Reviews: When I get through a book or get out to a movie (or see one on Netflix!!!), I'll be sure to tell you whether I liked it or not, since I know most of you select what to read or see based on what presidents read and watch, which is probably why everyone I know is reading "The Stranger" right now.
d) Sports: I like sports and so should you and here's where I'll talk about them.

My goodness! I haven't been so excited to start something since my presidency, so look forward to more!

There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe,
Gerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home