Gerald's Nothing

My amazing life only seems like a Rancho Mirage.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Past...and Future?

Gerry's Corner: Hi, all. I find myself in the public library of Concord, Massachusetts. I think this is where the British and the colonists met for lunch each day in between battles during the Revolutionary War. I think. One of the problems with becoming President all of a sudden is that you don't get that transition time like an elected President, and so you have no time to read up on all the history you thought you'd get away with not knowing. Needless to say, I never really got around to it.

I'd also managed to never have to travel to New England before - I guess that's why Pat Buchanan beat me in the New Hampshire primary that one time - but man, is it chilly here. And no relief in sight - the temperatures in this part of the country aren't supposed to hit 70 - Farenheit! - for the next two weeks. It's rainy, cold days like this that make me miss sunny, temperate Michigan.

We're here because my unicorn friend is interviewing for a job teaching show-jumping to a bunch of horses at a nearby stable. I drove him up earlier today, and now that he's got a few people he's scheduled to talk with, I'm chilling here in downtown Concord. It's actually a good transition up north, because from here, I'm scheduled to become a day laborer at a summer camp in New Hampshire somewhere. This is the kind of work I wish I'd been able to do back when I was President.

I'll have more soon, including my second contribution from Gerry's Piggy Bank, but I promised myself - and you, gentle readers - that I'd blog more regularly, so here's a nice, chatty one for you to chew on.

There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe,
Gerry

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger the peanut guy said...

gerald,

where have you gone? and why have you left mighty michigan for the comparably wimpy norfeast?

saltily thine, the peanut guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home